Brand Communications Manager (6-12 month contract)
Fixed term contract opportunity to work alongside a warm, outgoing and inspiring team of marketers and agency partners and be involved in executing the new Kia brand, owning a sizeable budget and leading a team of two. One of your first projects will be to work on the exciting EV9 model launch, our new flagship EV arriving late 2023 and already commanding a lot of attention!
Hybrid working with option to work from home 2 days a week, the remaining days will be based at our Head Office in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
Purpose of the role:
· Manage the Brand (above the line (ATL) and Digital display) function to support the achievement of Kia UK (KUK) business objectives and work closely with the key stakeholders to deliver on their Plan ‘S’ strategy (Electrification Leadership).
· Responsible for the execution and implementation of brand activity, model launches and partnerships, ensuring the Communication planning process is aligned across the marketing functions and delivered in a timely manner.
· Develop an effective and collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders, including Kia Europe (KEU) and key agency partners.
· Accountable for the ATL and digital budget management and reconciliation process for both media and production.
· Lead, coach, develop and challenge the Brand Communications Specialist and Brand Communications Assistant to fulfil their potential.
· Develop clear objectives, PDP and manage the appraisal process for all direct reports.
· Manage the day-to-day agency relationship to enable efficiency of activity and budget, proactively forecasting media and production budgets to maximise opportunities. Identify cost reductions and provide measures for improvement.
· Manage the ATL media and production budget, ensuring tight controls are in place. Support the future budget planning (BP) process. Work closely with agencies to perform monthly budget reconciliation and with the Kia finance department to secure end of year accruals.
· Work closely with key stakeholders to provide campaign analysis and reporting.
· Responsible for the internal communication of ATL activity, ensuring it is compliant and clearly communicated. This includes the development of presentation slides, dealer bulletins etc.
· Responsible for planning and executing the annual national media plan to drive awareness, familiarity and nameplate equity, working closely with both the National Media buying and Creative agency.
· Brief and manage both creative and media agencies to ensure delivery of planned activity is implemented according to timelines, includes internal stakeholder approval and is within set budget parameters. Also ensure production estimates and media buying is competitive, transparent and cost effective.
· Oversee and support the Brand Communications Specialist with the delivery of class-leading ‘paid’ digital communication plans and strategies at a brand and product level to help increase visibility of the Kia brand, drive brand consideration and convert those in-market. Liaise with KEU Marketing to support the development of launch campaigns and inform them of local market requirements / requests.
· Coordinate the All-Agency Briefing process for new model launches, support the completion of European documents and the execution and alignment of campaign activity.
· Lead agency partners to localise launch assets received from KEU to support UK activity, reflecting market specific requirements.
· Responsible for cascading KEU launch and model assets with the wider members of KUK Marketing to ensure consistency.
· Responsible for aligning KPI’s with key stakeholders and overseeing the measurement of each ATL and in-market campaign, reporting key learnings and providing future improvements. Embracing test and learn.
· Lead brand partnership activities, ensuring alignment and coordination across the different teams within the marketing department. Monitor assets development, budgeting and lead future opportunities discussions.
· Work with research agencies to develop and monitor brand and launch performance programmes to gain valuable consumer insight.
· Work with Agencies and Publishers to analyse data, identify patterns and discover insights.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in sales/marketing role within the Automotive or Marketing sector.
· Highly numerate and PC literate. MS Office advanced (PPT/Excel)
· Self-starter, motivated, driven and with a desire to learn.
· Passionate about Marketing with an interest in Automotive.
· Evidence of a self-starter, with high energy and drive.
· Proven ability to deliver effective marketing campaigns.
· Strong planning and organisation abilities with a proven track record of working on multiple projects simultaneously and cross functionally.
· Capable of leading and challenging agencies and managing and coaching team members.
· Proven track record of managing and controlling sizeable budgets.
· A strong communicator with excellent spoken and written English.
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to clearly and concisely articulate findings.
At Kia, we are committed to employing the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and thereby not discriminating against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.