This is a wonderful opportunity to join our Technical Training team who will be moving from our Kia Academy training facility in Nottingham to a new state of the art site in Derby later this year. Not only will you be playing a part in delivering training to our dealer network but you will join the team at a very exciting time as we design and deliver a new blended, electrified curriculum that will lead our technicians confidently into the future.
Purpose of the role:
To support the creation, development, delivery and on-ongoing maintenance of a fully blended technical training curriculum (IBT/VCT/e-learning/videos/animations) for Technicians within the Kia Dealer network and for KUK (Kia UK Ltd) technical staff.
· Support the design and delivery of blended learning journeys for Certfied, Expert and Mastertechs with strong focus on Digital and Electrification.
· Identify network technical training needs through ongoing TNA and post course evaluation.
· Participate in the design, creation and delivery of new course content and assets defining delivery method/technology (IBT, VCT, e-learning, video, animation etc.,) using instructional learning principles (and tools including Adobe InDesign, MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel) as agreed with the Technical Training Assistant Manager.
· Keep up-to-date with current training practices and develop new initiatives for the provision of dealer technical training including online training options such as VCT, smart glasses, elearning, videos, AR/VR.
· Maintain a high degree of awareness of all current technical issues and bulletins published on GSW (Global Service Way).
· Deliver internal technical/product knowledge training as required.
· Participate in overseas KHQ (South Korea Head Quarters) and KEU (Kia Europe) training courses as required.
· Liaise with colleagues within the Technical Training team in order to share knowledge and best practices.
· Liaise with Technical and Quality teams when appropriate to raise product concerns which require further investigation or factory liaison.
· Liaise with Product team during development of new model training.
· Liaise and share relevant information with the Kia Apprenticeship Programme team.
· Operate the Kia Technician Recognition Programme within the Kia Academy.
· Participate in regional training events as required.
· Ensure that training vehicles are maintained to a high standard and in a presentable condition.
· Ensure that training tools, equipment and parts are maintained and updated as appropriate.
· Ensure that the Kia Academy Training Centre is maintained in a clean and tidy condition, reflecting current Brand standards.
Educated to degree level or equivalent
At least 5 years experience within automotive technical training delivery
· Highly numerate and PC literate. MS Office advanced (Outlook/PPT/Excel).
· Knowledge of online training tools such as Adobe Connect, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
· Knowledge of technology (e.g. smart glasses) video and editing tools.
· LMS experience including online assessment builder and learning journey design.
· Self-starter, motivated, driven and with a desire to learn.
· Ability to interpret and present complex data.
· Full current driving licence.
· Conscientious, with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
At Kia, we are committed to employing the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and thereby not discriminating against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.