Kia is taking the lead to help more people drive electrified. 2022 was the most successful year in the company’s history in the UK. Our cars have won numerous accolades, our dealer network and customer service is rated among the best.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our winning team as we seek an enthusiastic and highly motivated Product Specialist. Working as part of the Marketing department you will take responsibility for your own portfolio of models, planning and researching all aspects of your models from initial concept through to launch and beyond with further lifecycle activity.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about cars and the automotive industry, be process driven and analytical with good attention to detail teamed with great communication skills. You will be the go-to person and expert, not only for your portfolio of models, but your competitors and wider market activity.
The associated job description outlines the skills and knowledge you need for the role; if this sounds like you, and you can demonstrate your passion and ideas to take this role to the next level we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of the role:
The Product Specialist is the go to person and expert on their portfolio of models – involved in all stages of a model’s development, from initial vehicle concept, through to creation of the UK line-up, release to the Press and general public, along with evolution of the model as it goes through its lifecycle. This role requires the Specialist to be knowledgeable not only on the Kia products themselves, but also on the relevant market segments and competitors that operate within them.
Product Specialists have regular opportunities to present to a wider variety of audiences – from cross-departmental Kia presentations, to initiatives requiring Senior Management Team review, and external parties as required. In addition to this the Product Specialist is responsible for the creation and maintenance of Product related materials, including ordering codes, specification sheets, price lists and details of vehicle profitability.
· To manage applicable models throughout their lifecycle stages, including initial UK specification, pricing and planning, with a significant focus on launch planning.
· To maximise the competitiveness and profitability of each model by the continuous review of market conditions.
· To ensure the effective and accurate communication of applicable products’ features and prices
· Be the Kia expert for your range of models.
· Develop proposals for the specification and grade strategy of applicable models.
· Identification of market opportunities, and development of Special Action Models to take advantage of these at the appropriate point in a model’s lifecycle.
· Responsible for working as the product expert in presentations and PR events/conferences as necessary.
· Responsible for the detailed pricing of applicable models and features in close collaboration with Kia Europe (KEU) and Kia UK’s (KUK) Finance department.
· The company expert on this sector of the market in terms of competitor product and marketing actions.
· Responsible for communicating product and pricing information internally and externally (Kia dealer network and market makers).
· Responsible for maintaining all products on internal data systems i.e. KDCS and SAP.
· Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of model-specific finance costing.
· Reporting to Kia Corporation / KEU as appropriate on KUK’s product and pricing offering.
· Working with KUK’s Fleet team to maximise product competitiveness in the sectors.
· Supporting the wider KUK Marketing team to ensure Product accuracy of KUK assets.
· Liaison with the Dealer Support Team to ensure the relevant information/vehicles are ‘live’ on the Kia Portal system at the appropriate times.
· Responsible for maintaining and strengthening cross-company communication channels in respect of product issues and news.
· Responsible for liaising with After Sales team to integrate accessories into the product offer to maximise competitiveness and margin
· Educated to degree level or graduate calibre preferred
· Automotive experience required
· Strong computer literacy; SAP, JATO and MVRIS experience beneficial
· Strong analytical skills and organisational skills
· Conscientious and strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Good communication/presentation skills
· Minimum 2 years work experience essential
· Interest in marketing as a business function
· Ability to work to tight deadlines or enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Full valid UK driving licence
At Kia, we are committed to employing the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and thereby not discriminating against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.